[Haskell-cafe] Access to Oracle database from Haskell

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Wed Jun 25 09:25:34 EDT 2008

Henning Thielemann wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Jun 2008, Alistair Bayley wrote:
>
>> 2008/6/24 Henning Thielemann <lemming at henning-thielemann.de>:
>>> (Btw. Takusen should be split into
>>> several packages for all database backends because Cabal flags must not
>>> influence the package interface.)
>> I don't understand this (cabal flags must not influence package
>> interface). I thought that was the point of cabal flags? I wanted to
>> have a single package installation, and this seems like the best way.
>
> No, if a package imports Takusen - how can it be assert that it can import

I haven't read this entire thread, but I might also just interject here
that HDBC supports ODBC (on Windows, and on Linux/Posix platforms via
unixODBC, iODBC, or similar), which may be another avenue for you to
try.  I'm sure there are ODBC Oracle drivers out there, and so if you
have your ODBC layer working, you get Haskell support easily.

-- John