[Haskell-cafe] sdl-mixer loading issue

Norbert Wojtowicz wojtowicz.norbert at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 19:19:24 EDT 2008

>> SDL-mixer does not support the most recent SDL version.  The problem is
>> that in SDL now Mix_LoadWAV is a macro.

I've tried it with SDL-0.5.2 from hackage as well with the same
problem. (Unless you mean an earlier version of the actual SDL
library?)

> Ah ha, so it needs a cbits wrapper over the macro.

This is above my head. If we know what the problem is, will this by
any chance hit someone's todo list soon or is this a big hurdle?

Are there any other cross-platform (windows + linux at the minimum)
ways of playing sounds that anyone can recommend?

- Norbert