[Haskell-cafe] External query interface to HackageDB?

Dimitry Golubovsky golubovsky at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 10:26:47 EDT 2008

Is there any way to query the latest version of a particular package
stored on Hackage, that was successfully built?

I mean, not _how_ to do that (I have some ideas that I have to
download directory listings, looking for failure logs, etc.), but is
there any tool or interface already available that does similar

Unfortunately, tarfiles provided on Hackage (like 00-index.tar.gz) do
not help, e. g. BerkeleyDB failed to build in all three versions, yet
its all cabal files are included in the tarball:

tar tvf 00-index.tar.gz
-rw-r--r-- www-data/www-data  1055 2007-04-06 13:03
-rw-r--r-- www-data/www-data  1061 2007-04-06 16:59
-rw-rw-r-- www-data/www-data  1236 2008-01-11 14:42

I remember, in the past, HackageDB was expected to become a database
of some sort: is there any database-like backend that would accept
queries, other than just parsing Apache dir listings?

My final goal, given some master-list of package names, to be able to
retrieve latest succesfully built (not just uploaded) releases from

Dimitry Golubovsky

Anywhere on the Web