[Haskell-cafe] Patrick Perry's BLAS package

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Fri Jun 6 22:32:18 EDT 2008

himself:
> Hi,
>
> Indeed, this has been long awaited. Long live Patrick!!!
> And continue the good work:-)
>
> However, such essential work shouldn't be dependent on heroic effort of an
> individual. If Haskell is to remain non-commercial a disciplined community
> effort should be taken akin to Pythonian. Perhaps also thouse of you who teach
> Haskell could better use cheap labour of students,
> after all Haskell's module system is not all that weak;-)

Yes, more libraries! 500 is not enough!

The best thing anyone here can do for haskell is contribute a library.

Latest packages:
    http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/recent.html

How to upload a package:
    http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/How_to_write_a_Haskell_program

Join in!

The more areas we cover with Haskell code, the easier the path is to
ongoing development, and a viable, sustainable Haskell world.

-- Don