[Haskell-cafe] Fw: patch applied (ghc): Remove the OpenGL family of libraries fromextralibs

Isaac Dupree isaacdupree at charter.net
Tue Jul 29 17:03:45 EDT 2008

Malcolm Wallace wrote:
> As a package author (rather than a user), I would see this as a primary
> benefit of having my packages added to the Platform.  And as a package
> user (rather than author), there is the corresponding antibenefit of
> removing a package like HOpenGL from the Platform: a diminished
> likelihood of the maintainer being already aware of packaging flaws.

perhaps we can work on getting set up automatic testing etc.
with a relatively basic Haskell Platform.  If that turns out to be
easily done, we can look at making a facility for all package authors
(at least, ones on Hackage) to volunteer to have their packages
automatically checked for such breakages.  Sure, it could still help a
little to be part of an official Haskell Platform, but there are reasons
we're trying to designate a Haskell Platform smaller than Hackage.

-Isaac