[Haskell-cafe] Libevent FFI problems

Levi Greenspan greenspan.levi at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 25 16:32:03 EDT 2008

Thank you (and Christopher) for the link. I have one question though -
I read this ticket in the GHC trac:
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/635 which plans to use
epoll instead of select. The reason I thought of libevent is exactly
the support for epoll and other better-than-select mechanisms. Is
there progress in GHC with regard to this? This is very important for
me since I awill not write a web-server, but rather want to play with
Comet (i.e. having thousands of open connections as it is common for
long-polling in addition to many relatively short request/response
based connections).

However it seems no quite attractive to go with what is offered by GHC
currently instead of writing the libevent wrapper. Just for the sake
of completeness - any insights into the freeFunPtr issue I wrote
about? ;-)

Many thanks to all of you.

- Levi