[Haskell-cafe] Re: announcing darcs 2.0.0pre3

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Thu Jan 31 15:16:23 EST 2008

On 2008-01-31, David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net> wrote:
>> way to pull down everything that could possibly be needed?  But from
>> the way the wiki page is sounded, it doesn't sound that way.
>
> Running "darcs check", "darcs changes -s" or "darcs changes foobar" for
> instance would ensure that you've got a complete repository.

That's good to know.  I would second the suggestion that some others
here have made: that this (a full get) be the default behavior.  It
will certainly come as a big surprise to both prior users of Darcs,
and users of other DVCS, if it isn't.  And one high-profile data loss
as a result will be a big black eye for the Darcs community.

Perhaps darcs get --partial should activate this new behavior?  That
would be a very logical change, IMHO.

-- John