[Haskell-cafe] Poor libraries documentation

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 08:27:21 EST 2008

> I imagine the laziness here was because these all match their names in
> the traditional libc, accessable via manpages.
>
> You may not consider that an excuse :)

I don't! To do something about it I'll adopt Network.Socket and
document that (I did the same with some other base module half a year
ago.) I invite others to do the same, the Prelude would be a good
start. It doesn't take much time. There are interesting things to
document like how error conditions are handled, etc. Also, it's very
inconvenient to have documentation in several different places. Not to
mention that the haddock pages look naked.

-- Johan