[Haskell-cafe] Poor libraries documentation

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Wed Jan 30 08:25:58 EST 2008

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008, Jules Bean wrote:

> Neil Mitchell wrote:
> > For a start, its probably a good idea to mention that cos is an
> > abbreviation of cosine (most people will know, but its handy to state
> > it). Secondly, and much more importantly, it should state whether
> > these measurements are in degrees or radians.

In the early versions of the functionalMetaPost package the trigonometric
functions were simply mapped to MetaPost's trigonometric functions. But
MetaPost uses degrees, whereas Haskell uses radians (which is
mathematically more useful).

> > It should also state things like acos is the inverse of cos - its been
> > a while since I last used trig and I had to look it up!!!
>
> I imagine the laziness here was because these all match their names in
> the traditional libc, accessable via manpages.

Can haddock be advised to fetch documentation from existing man pages
instead from Haskell comments? :-)