[Haskell-cafe] anybody can tell me the pronuncation of "haskell"?

Tim Chevalier catamorphism at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 11:25:23 EST 2008

On 1/29/08, PR Stanley <prstanley at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> I didn't know Haskell was an English name.

Haskell Curry was an American, and I think the usual convention is to
pronounce names in the manner of the language that the person who has
the name speaks. (Preferably just to pronounce people's names the way
they say them.)

(The first convention doesn't work with my last name, though the
second one does.)

Cheers,
Tim

--
Tim Chevalier * http://cs.pdx.edu/~tjc * Often in error, never in doubt
"Living with depression is like trying to keep your balance while you