[Haskell-cafe] Re: code.haskell.org vs darcs.haskell.org (was Enterprise Haskell AMQP library)

Aaron Denney wnoise at ofb.net
Tue Jan 29 06:47:56 EST 2008

On 2008-01-29, Alistair Bayley <alistair at abayley.org> wrote:
> On 29/01/2008, Henning Thielemann <lemming at henning-thielemann.de> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for the clarification! I added it to
>>   http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Haskell.org_domain
>>  Can you insert the link to the web-submission system?
>
> I've done this.
>
> I also tried to request an account on code.haskell.org, but the server
> complains about my public key:
>
>   500 Internal Server Error
>   SSH key looks incorrect
>
> I pasted the key from this path (I use Putty and Pagaent on WinXP):
>   C:\bayleya\putty\putty\id_dsa_pub.txt
>
> This folder also contains id_dsa.ppk (that's what Pagaent uses), which
> contains the same key, and also the private bit. The public key looks
> like this:
>
> ---- BEGIN SSH2 PUBLIC KEY ----
> Comment: "dsa-key-20040309"
> AAAAB3NzaC1kc3MAAACBAKs9yeNP35s4rSBDlJKQCC1nemVGd0zQAROFKeziCOGm
><blah blah blah>
> W5zrOSga/U/Cfa2rIM8Ko/9QmjNCJKsJioC5OTZMwOF0+zBWFCNN73z5+Dz/+PL+
> Xw==
> ---- END SSH2 PUBLIC KEY ----
>
> and this is what I've pasted into the form. I've also tried trimming
> it (removing the -- BEGIN and END, and the Comment) but no joy. Is
> this the right thing to put into the form? If not, where can I find
> it?

It is for certain ssh servers, but apparently not the one that
code.haskell.org uses.  See sections 8.2.{9,10}, and 8.3 in the PuTTY
documentation.

http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/0.60/htmldoc/Chapter8.html#puttygen-savepub
http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/0.60/htmldoc/Chapter8.html#puttygen-pastekey
http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/0.60/htmldoc/Chapter8.html#pubkey-gettingready

IIRC, it should look something like

ssh-dss AAAAB3NzaC....Xw== comment-string

So joining the lines into one might be sufficient.

--
Aaron Denney
-><-