[Haskell-cafe] parsec and bytestring; was: hxt memory useage

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 03:45:00 EST 2008

On Jan 24, 2008 10:34 PM, Matthew Pocock <matthew.pocock at ncl.ac.uk> wrote:
> Would a bytestring-backed implementation of parsec solve my problems? Is there
> such a beast out there?

I'm working on one as a part of another project. It's not incremental
and needs some optimizing (I've focused on correctness so far.) I
don't think it solves your problem though as you'll only save a
constant amount of memory by using ByteStrings over Strings and it may
not be enough. I also don't know how to integrate it with HXT. In case
you want to have a look anyway you can find it here:

http://darcs.johantibell.com/hyena/Hyena/ByteStringParser.hs

-- Johan