[Haskell-cafe] Draft chapters of "Real World Haskell" now publicly available

Dan Weston westondan at imageworks.com
Wed Jan 23 14:15:27 EST 2008

I think this points out the benefit (or even the need), given the
fast-paced evolution of Haskell and its libraries as a whole, of an
evolving online supplement to your book, minimally with errata and code,
but also (as publisher resources permit) with intermittently updated
appendices on still-evolving technologies and (most risky of all),
advice on the best tool or library of various tasks (e.g. UI) as a
function of risk and programmer experience.

I think this approach is the surest defense against shelf-rot.

Dan