[Haskell-cafe] STM in F#

Peter Verswyvelen bf3 at telenet.be
Fri Jan 18 01:32:21 EST 2008

Reminds me of a song, "I'm dreaming of a ... dotnet Haskell..."

I find it such a petty no real work seems to be done on that. Okay, the
performance might not be optimal. Okay, you might have two huge
frameworks that overlap. Okay, using the .NET stuff would mean some kind
of automatic IO monadic wrapper generator, but surely with the .NET
reflection support, this would be possible. But look at the advantages...

Of course Haskell is a research language, and "avoid success at all
cost" is the goal. But unfortunately, IMHO Haskell does make a lot of
sense, so...

Ah well, I should stop nagging about this :-)