[Haskell-cafe] STM in F#

Jonathan Cast jonathanccast at fastmail.fm
Thu Jan 17 22:30:02 EST 2008

On 17 Jan 2008, at 7:02 PM, Don Stewart wrote:

> http://cs.hubfs.net/blogs/hell_is_other_languages/archive/
> 2008/01/16/4565.aspx
>
> I imagine this can only ease the process of learning Haskell, and
> broaden the base of possible Haskellers, as more people on using .NET
> stuff become familiar with modern typed FP.

Indeed, these days I think the main advantage of Haskell is not the
feature set (the same features can be used nicely in Perl (well,
nicely for Perl), or not-so-nicely in Python), but rather, the fact
that Haskell is *designed* for such things, so it's syntax makes
things that are verbose in Perl or Python natural.

jcc