[Haskell-cafe] Re: Data constructors versus types

Achim Schneider barsoap at web.de
Thu Jan 17 16:40:10 EST 2008

jerzy.karczmarczuk at info.unicaen.fr wrote:

> [...]
I heard it somewhere trustworthy. Instinctively, I would guess
somewhere into the direction of Graham, but I'm not sure at all.

On the other hand, you can be absolutely sure that I didn't get it off
the next warez-board nor from Bill Gates.

The Story, afaicr, went along the lines of "Professor writes something
for a cool paper about some calculus, student gets hold of it,
implements it and completely baffles the professor, he didn't ever dare
to think about letting that one run on a computer".

It might be one of those apples that didn't fall off trees while
Newton had his idea about gravity, but then it's a complete, nice
story with a nice morale on its own.

After all, lisp's history isn't as important for me than its semantics,
and everything I read about it was kind of accidental, it just wasn't
uninteresting enough to skip.

signature prohibited.