[Haskell-cafe] Haskell and GUI

Wolfgang Jeltsch g9ks157k at acme.softbase.org
Thu Jan 17 09:09:28 EST 2008

Am Dienstag, 15. Januar 2008 20:42 schrieb Conal Elliott:
> If you can get wxHaskell installed & working, you could try Phooey and/or
> TV.  Both are described on the Haskell wiki and available via darcs and
> Hackage.

And they have the interesting property of being a functional approach to GUI
programming (similar to FranTk).  Most of the other Haskell GUI toolkits are
imperative in nature.

And now my shameless plug:  If you can get Gtk2Hs installed and working, you
could try Grapefruit which is also a functional library.  In addition to
GUIs, it also supports animated graphics.  At the moment, it’s main downside
is that it supports only a small set of widgets (buttons, labels, edit fields
and boxes).  See <http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Grapefruit>.

Best wishes,
Wolfgang