[Haskell-cafe] Haskell-Support in Ohloh

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Wed Jan 16 19:26:36 EST 2008

mail:
> Hi,
>
> I’m only margianlly involved or up to date there, but still some might
> have missed this:
>
> Ohloh has begun to release their tools, starting with ohcount, their
> tool to measure code and comments lines:
>
> http://labs.ohloh.net/ohcount/
>
> They explicitly write that they want haskell support, and the oldest
> open bug report on their page is about this:
>
> http://labs.ohloh.net/ohcount/ticket/205
>
> So if anyone feels like programming some ruby (I guess they want it to
> be in that language as well) and wants to give the haskell community a
> chance for wider audience, give it a shot.

Oh, great! I've been waiting for this. It's annoying having xmonad
classified as a C/C++ project (and sjanssen and I as C/C++ developers!)

    http://www.ohloh.net/projects/6869?p=xmonad

    Ohloh Summary

        * Mostly written in C/C++
        * Extremely well-commented source code

So what we need is a) darcs support (so we don't have to convert repos
to git), and b) a haskell lexer. Then all the haskell projects can get
analysed, linked to , etc, -- and made more visible to the general open
source world.

-- Don