[Haskell-cafe] QuickCheck properties: export or not?

Paul Johnson paul at cogito.org.uk
Mon Jan 14 18:14:56 EST 2008

I was recently sent a patch for my Ranged Sets library which exported
all the QuickCheck properties.  I'd left them unexported on the grounds
that they clutter up the documentation (although simplified versions are
included in the documentation) and you can easily run them with the
standard "quickcheck" script.  The contributor, gwern0 at gmail.com
suggested an explicit test harness instead.

I'm not unduly bothered one way or the other, but I thought I'd ask the
community: what is the best practice here?

Paul.