[Haskell-cafe] Getting frantic with FranTk

Torsten Otto t-otto-news at gmx.de
Sun Jan 13 08:54:20 EST 2008

Howdy,

with a just-in-time-learning approach I managed to teach my class of
advanced high schoolers the basics of functional programming using
Haskell (I had only used Scheme before). Now to show them that Haskell
is not a weirdo esoteric command line only language, I thought I'd end
the class with spoken output (easy enough with the System module and
"say" in Mac OS) and a GUI for input using FranTk. There is however
something very basic I'm missing:

I have Hugs installed at /opt/local/bin/hugs in MacOS 10.4/10.5. What
do I do to get Hugs to recognize FranTk? I have downloaded it, but I
can't even get the demo to work, none of the imports can be found:
module Main where
import FranTk
import qualified StaticTypes as S
import IOExts

For Windows, there's a .bat to use, but I can't figure out how to get
it to work on a Unix-system like Mac OS. I seems to be more than just
to include the path when starting Hugs...

Thanks in advance for any hints,
regards,
Torsten Otto