[Haskell-cafe] Rendering TTF fonts in Haskell and OpenGL

Jeremy Shaw jeremy at n-heptane.com
Thu Feb 28 00:25:09 EST 2008

At Fri, 22 Feb 2008 15:13:46 -0000,
Claus Reinke wrote:

> i got the impression that accessing freetype2 via ftgl
> might make things slightly easier, while also offering
> more options (geometry instead of texture fonts), or
> did I misread?
>
> http://ftgl.wiki.sourceforge.net/

It appears to be written in C++, which makes it hard to bind to from
Haskell. I did not see any C bindings for it (though, I probably did
not look too hard). So, given the choice of writing a C binding for it
so I could call it from Haskell, or just reimplementing it in Haskell,
I opted for the latter -- and got neither done :)

j.