[Haskell-cafe] haskellwiki and Project Euler

Philippa Cowderoy flippa at flippac.org
Sun Feb 24 08:20:56 EST 2008

On Sun, 24 Feb 2008, Daniel Fischer wrote:

> Hi all,
> I try not to be too rude, although I'm rather disgusted.
> I know there are several sites out on the web where solutions to PE problems
> are given. That is of course absolutely against the sporting spirit of
> Project Euler, but hey, not all people are sporting.

What sporting spirit? The site itself doesn't indicate any such thing
whatsoever and doesn't ask that people don't post solutions - as such,
anything you have to say here is entirely about the culture on the forums
there, not the problem set itself.

As such, you've taken it upon yourself to enforce the spirit of your PE
participation upon others. That's far from sporting and in direct
violation of the spirit of the wiki. Let people play how they choose.

> Other code was submitted without consent of the author

Can you demonstrate this? A statement from the author that they didn't
consent, for example?

flippa at flippac.org

'In Ankh-Morpork even the shit have a street to itself...
 Truly this is a land of opportunity.' - Detritus, Men at Arms