[Haskell-cafe] haskellwiki and Project Euler

Rodrigo Queiro overdrigzed at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 07:53:52 EST 2008

The only time I have found the solutions page useful is when I was working
on problem 100, which I'd been thinking about on and off for several months.
Eventually, I gave up and looked at the solution there, and was absolutely
none the wiser as to how it was solved! I thought about it more over the
next few months, and eventually just copied and ran that program, put it
into PE, and looked at the forum, and finally understood how I should have
solved the problem.

Without the solutions page, I would probably never have been able to solve
the problem, and would know even less about Diophantine Equations than I
currently do. However, the only value was the actual numerical solution,
since when I have solved a problem myself and want to see if my answer could
be improved, I just look in the forum where I can see a range of methods of
solution instead of just one.

That said, I vote to keep the solutions (providing they are written by the
page editor) since IMO they do no harm.