[Haskell-cafe] derivation of mapP, a parallel, lazy map

Dan Zwell dzwell at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 23:45:09 EST 2008

Hello, everyone. I have just written a tutorial (sort of) on Haskell
concurrency, specifically on the derivation of a function mapP, a
parallel version of map. I wrote this because I am fairly new to
Haskell, and I didn't realize how easy concurrent code is until I wrote
this, and because I could not find a tutorial describing a parallel
implementation of map.

If anybody is curious to see this, the page is
http://zwell.net/content/haskell.html#mapP . I would appreciate any
criticism, too. I hope somebody finds this helpful.

Dan Zwell