[Haskell-cafe] Haddock documentation of Data.Array.* is confusing

Alfonso Acosta alfonso.acosta at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 19:34:54 EST 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 10:17 PM, Bulat Ziganshin
<bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Alfonso,
>

>  Tuesday, February 12, 2008, 11:32:20 PM, you wrote:
>
>  > Excuse me for the subject, but IMHO is absolutely true. Anyhow, the
>
>  of course, you are right, but for practical goals i may suggest just
>  to read module sources instead of reading [had]docs.

Well, that's what I was forced to do in the end, but I still think
that the haddock documentation should be clear enough for most of the
cases, and, when it comes to  Data.Array* it could certainly be
improved.

> seeing the
>  implementation is much more interesting, after all. especially when you
>  are so cool that you are going to add your own instance

I don't think that "being cool" had anything to do with it. My only
purpose was to understand the desing of the interface for inmutable
arrays.