[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] Mailing List Archive: Search Broken?

Janis Voigtlaender voigt at tcs.inf.tu-dresden.de
Fri Feb 15 02:13:24 EST 2008

Don Stewart wrote:
> voigt:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>it seems that something is wrong with the search on
>>
>>  http://www.mail-archive.com/haskell@haskell.org/
>>
>>Only messages from Nov and Dec 2007 are found, no matter what search
>>phrases and date ranges are given.
>>
>>Worked yesterday and delivered search results over the whole history of
>>the archive.
>>
>>Same for haskell-cafe.
>>
>>Anyone knows what is going on?
>

> I always use gmane, via:
>
>     http://news.gmane.org/search.php?match=haskell

The problem with this is that when searching through gmane, and
selecting a single message with a hit, one gets only to see that message
without its context thread. At least I could not find out a way to
switch from the found message to the thread in which it occurred.

The search facility on www.mail-archive.com is much nicer in that
respect, but as mentioned, as of yesterday seems to have forgotten about
all messages prior to November 2007, and from 2008.

Too bad...

Ciao,
Janis.

--