[Haskell-cafe] ANN: ctemplate, SSL server support in HsOpenSSL, network-minihttp, binary parsing, network-dns

Donn Cave donn at drizzle.com
Fri Feb 15 01:01:32 EST 2008

On Feb 14, 2008, at 4:44 PM, Adam Langley wrote:

> HsOpenSSL now has rudimentary support for writing SSL servers[5]
> (clients coming soon). In terms of blocking IO, this /should/ work the
> way you would hope (i.e. like a Haskell function w.r.t. forkIO).

Coincidentally, night before last I downloaded the openssl source
and started trying to think about an SSL library.

The thing is, I have always wished for an SSL library that doesn't
do I/O, but just transforms data and leaves the I/O to you.  I guess
that's going to be a good deal more complicated, and in many
cases not worth it at all - so there would need to be an SSLIO
layer above it - but clinging to some vague reactive-object ideals
I imagine that this `pure' SSL core could fit into some kinds of
dispatching frameworks where the usual thing would be awkward.

Anyway, I'll write again in a few years if I get around to doing
anything
about it.

	Donn Cave, donn at avvanta.com