[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Leksah 0.1 - Haskell IDE written in Haskell

Alistair Bayley alistair at abayley.org
Thu Feb 14 06:14:52 EST 2008

>  Leksah is written by me and published under a GPL-2 license.
>  Leksah can be optained via Hackage: http://hackage.haskell.org/
>  Darcs development repository: http://code.haskell.org/leksah

I just downloaded this from hackage and went through the usual Cabal
ritual. The build fails with

[16 of 41] Compiling IDE.Utils.File   ( src/IDE/Utils/File.hs,
dist\build\leksah\leksah-tmp/IDE/Utils/File.o )

src/IDE/Utils/File.hs:161:33:
    Couldn't match expected type `Either String String'
           against inferred type `String'
    In the expression:
        if takeExtension fp == ".lhs" then unlit fp str else str
    In the definition of `str'':
        str' = if takeExtension fp == ".lhs" then unlit fp str else str
    In the expression:
        if exists then
            do str <- readFile fp
               let str' = ...
               let parseRes = ...
        else
            return Nothing

Would I be better off getting straight from the darcs repo?

Alistair