[Haskell-cafe] Re: Implementing fixed-sized vectors (using datatype algebra?)

Alfonso Acosta alfonso.acosta at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 13:03:55 EST 2008

On Feb 6, 2008 4:32 AM, Bjorn Buckwalter <bjorn.buckwalter at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, could you elaborate a little on joining efforts? The effort I
> was planning to invest in my package consists mainly of creating a
> .cabal file plus some logistics to get tarballs to where they have to
> be.
>
> I understand that you (and Wolfgang) are creating a library of type
> level decimals for the purpose of constraining vector (list?) lengths.
> After that I haven't been paying attention fully to the thread. Is the
> goal to create a general-purpose library for type-level programming
> and my module would fit into that grander scheme?

Yes,the idea is to create a Cabal-ready wide-scope type-level
programming library, joining the operations implemented in the
different type-level libraries which are around. The goal (or at least
mine) is to provide a common reusable type-level library which saves
constantly reinventing the wheel.

I'll provide an initial implementation (just including naturals in
decimal representation) soon. Wolfgang suggested adding booleans at a
later point too if I recall properly.

Any useful type-level operation should have a place in the library.

> Or did you have something else in mind with joining efforts? E.g. help
> reviewing your code or writing new code?

This would certainly help too.