[Haskell-cafe] FP and Quality

Tim Chevalier catamorphism at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 18:39:32 EST 2008

On 2/4/08, PR Stanley <prstanley at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Hi folks
> I'm thinking of writing a little essay arguing the case for the
> advantages of FP for producing quality software. Can the list
> recommend any papers/articles which I can use as sources of my
> argument? I have access to the IEEE database too although earlier I
> couldn't find anything on the subject.

Try:

Philip Wadler. An angry half dozen. SIGPLAN Notices 33(2):25--30,
February 1998. [NB.
http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/article/wadler98angry.html ]

Also look for the schedules for the 2007 and 2006 CUFP (Commercial
Users of Functional Programming) workshops. The schedules have links
to slides from talks by people using FP in industry.

Cheers,
Tim

--
Tim Chevalier * http://cs.pdx.edu/~tjc * Often in error, never in doubt
"Not only would I never want to belong to any club that would have me