[Haskell-cafe] Monades - I've got it! (hopefully)

Tobias Kräntzer info at tobias-kraentzer.de
Wed Dec 24 05:16:08 EST 2008

Hi,

I think I now understand all the stuff about monades (not the
mathematics). I have just one further question.

Beside of the syntactic sugar of the "do" construct and the fact that
the IO monade is an "internal type of haskell": Is haskell aware of
the concept of monades? As I now understand it, it is "just" a
programming model rather than a concept of the language. If not, I
have to start new.

One problem understanding monades could be, that everywhere is
written, that it is so complicated and therefore I was a bit
prestressed.

. . . Tobias

By the way: Merry Christmas!

--