[Haskell-cafe] hackage, gtk2hs

Cetin Sert cetin.sert at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 15:31:38 EST 2008

Hi,

A package I want to upload only builds with the unreleased gtk2hs version
from the darcs repository and not the latest released version 0.9.13 or any
lesser. But the repository version seems to not have changed, so if I say in
my cabal file:

gtk >= 0.9.14

it does not even build with the gtk2hs version from the repos, on the other
hand

if I say:

gtk >= 0.9.13

people using 0.9.13 may be surprised to see the package does not build.

What should I do o__O? Wait for the next gtk2hs release before releasing my
package? Or is there a way to notify _potential users/those interested_ of
the need to use the latest gtk2hs they can get from the darcs repos.

Best Regards,
Cetin Sert