[Haskell-cafe] Cabal Install & Links to Source from Haddock Docs

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Tue Dec 23 07:38:51 EST 2008

On Mon, 2008-12-22 at 17:58 -0800, R Hayes wrote:
> Thank you.  As it turns out, I was aware of that recipe.  What I
> wanted was to be able to use cabal install's nice dependency following
> features and still get source links in my documentation.

Due to popular demand we quickly added the --enable-documentation flag
but did not manage to agree a design for exposing the other
haddock/documentation flags via cabal install.

We'd appreciate if you could add your suggestions for the design of the
command line interface to this ticket:

http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/206

> Personally, I feel that inclusion of source and docs should be the
> DEFAULT for cabal, as well as for binary distributions of ghc.

You can set it as a default in the ~/.cabal/config file.

Duncan