[Haskell-cafe] Yampa vs. Reactive

Conal Elliott conal at conal.net
Fri Dec 19 15:10:27 EST 2008

Hi Tony,

I'm glad for your interest in Reactive.  Yes, it is certainly being
developed actively.  To start you off with realistic expectations, I'd like
you to know that Reactive currently has one or more sneaky laziness bugs
that block serious application at the moment.  While the Reactive
implementation is almost entirely pure (free of IO), it has some quite
subtle aspects, and it's taking a while to get it solid.  There's also a new
higher-level programming model on the way, as hinted at in my blog.

Welcome!

  - Conal