[Haskell-cafe] Yampa vs. Reactive

Conal Elliott conal at conal.net
Thu Dec 18 21:52:42 EST 2008

Hi Tony,

Reactive so far has focused mainly on events and functions of time
(behaviors/signals), while Yampa on transformations between signals.  I'm in
the process of building a higher-level interface with some semantic
similarity to the arrow/Yampa style.  See recent posts at
http://conal.net/blog to get some flavor of where I'm going.  The post "Why
classic FRP does not fit interactive behavior" in particular mentions part
of my motivation for doing something different from both classic FRP and
Yampa.

  - Conal