[Haskell-cafe] Time for a new logo?

Tristan Seligmann mithrandi at mithrandi.net
Wed Dec 17 08:57:40 EST 2008

* Thomas Davie <tom.davie at gmail.com> [2008-12-17 09:10:55 +0100]:

> Oh please no, please don't let the logo be something that says "Haskell,
> it's all about monads".

I don't see anyone complaining about the python logo being something
that says "Python, it's all about snakes" (Python is named after Monty
Python). I really don't think that including a visual pun on the (>>=)
operator translates to "Haskell, it's all about monads"; you're only
likely to recognise the pun after you already know about monads anyway.