[Haskell-cafe] Problem with haddock 2.3.0 (again)

Sean Leather leather at cs.uu.nl
Thu Dec 11 05:29:05 EST 2008

> > Suppose that I wanted to generate documentation for everything in my
> > Cabal package except for the modules with Template Haskell in them. Is
> > it enough to add {-# OPTIONS_HADDOCK hide #-} to each of these
> > modules? I tried, but it didn't pan out like I hoped. I'm still
> > getting the same error. Is there something else I can do?
> As I understand it, using hide like that just means there will be no
> documentation page for that module. However it still has to parse that
> module since things in it may be re-exported from other modules and have
> documentation inserted into the docs for those modules.

Thanks, Duncan. That makes sense.

Now, I'm trying to use #ifndef __HADDOCK__ / #endif around those same
modules, and I'm still running into the same internal Haddock error:

> haddock: internal Haddock or GHC error: Maybe.fromJust: Nothing

I've been using "cabal haddock" to run haddock on my package. I also get the
same error using haddock directly:

> $ haddock -odir=tmp --debug --verbose --html
> haddock: internal Haddock or GHC error: Maybe.fromJust: Nothing

Any other suggestions?