[Haskell-cafe] Re: latest Hood ?

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Sat Dec 6 18:13:26 EST 2008

Hugo,

I thought "this Hood stuff is so old, there's no point checking
hackage". Silly me! I did cabal update; cabal install GHood on this mac
and tried your example:

> As an example, just import Debug.Observe (the GHood one), run ghci and type
>
>> runO $ print $ (length . observe "List Int" .concat) [[1,2],[3,4]]

and it fired up the graphical Java applet without any further setup.
Very nice!

I don't yet know what a hylomorphism is and thought your
pointless-haskell package might be one of those semi-joke projects, but
now I wonder if it's something that I'll need in order to use (G)Hood
with real-world code.

I guess I'll find out. Thank you!