[Haskell-cafe] problems building hpodder

Karl Hasselström kha-list-haskell-cafe at hemma.treskal.com
Sun Apr 6 18:24:10 EDT 2008

I'm trying to build hpodder 1.1.2 with ghc 6.8.2. I successfully
downloaded, built, and installed (the latest versions of) all its
dependencies, but when building hpodder itself, I get

    `Content' is not applied to enough type arguments
    Expected kind `??', but `Content' has kind `* -> *'
    In the type `Content -> Either String String'
    In the type `String -> Content -> Either String String'
    In the type signature for `strof_either':
      strof_either :: String -> Content -> Either String String

I don't know enough Haskell to even determine what kind of problem
this is -- wrong version of some dependency? Wrong version of ghc?
Help appreciated. :-)

( FWIW, the hackage auto-builder thingie seems to have the exact same
  problem I have:

Karl Hasselström, kha at treskal.com