[Haskell-cafe] Installation of GLUT package

Ronald Guida ronguida at mindspring.com
Sat Sep 8 23:35:26 EDT 2007

Paul L wrote:
 > I believe it's caused by the different versions of GLUT you have.
 >
 > On 9/8/07, Ronald Guida <ronguida at mindspring.com> wrote:
 >> [...]
 >
 > The above message was after you have installed GLUT-2.0, but GHC was
 > still loading GLUT-2.1.1. The later errors were caused by your forced
 > copy of 2.0 lib over the default 2.1.1.

I noticed this myself.  The problem is, I don't know where to get
GLUT-2.1.1.  If I look on Hackage [1] and select GLUT from the
Graphics category, I am directed to GLUT-2.0.
[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/pkg-list.html

 > I suggest you get the cabal version of latest GLUT, which is 2.1.1,
 > and build it from source. I did the same on Linux some time ago, and I
 > was able to use freeGLUT and openGLUT as a result.

Clearly, I'm missing something here.  Where do I have to go to get the
latest version of GLUT?

Also, after I built freeglut with VS-2003, I copied the include files,
the lib file, and the dll to the correct places (relative to VS-2003)
and I could successfully compile the examples that came with freeglut.
MinGW/MSYS doesn't know about VS-2003 include directories, so where am
I supposed to put the freeglut include and lib files relative to
MinGW/MSYS?

Thank you
-- Ron