[Haskell-cafe] Hackage and GHC 6.8

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 09:50:00 EDT 2007

Hi Neil,

> Given that GHC 6.8 is just around the corner and, given how it has
> re-organised the libraries so that the dependencies in many (most/all)
> the packages in the hackage DB are now not correct.
>
> Is there a plan of how to get hackage DB up to speed with GHC 6.8 ?

I think whatever we go with will be deeply painful. Especially given
the switch to Cabal configurations comes at the same time, rather than
before. However, remember this is a one of set of pain, which will
hopefully never be repeated.

In the absence of anyone else doing anything, I'll probably give it a
month or two, then upgrade all my packages on hackage.

Thanks

Neil