[Haskell-cafe] Hackage and GHC 6.8

Sven Panne sven.panne at aedion.de
Sat Sep 8 09:44:31 EDT 2007

On Friday 07 September 2007 09:57, Neil Davies wrote:
> Given that GHC 6.8 is just around the corner and, given how it has
> re-organised the libraries so that the dependencies in many (most/all)
> the packages in the hackage DB are now not correct.
>
> Is there a plan of how to get hackage DB up to speed with GHC 6.8 ?

Given all those changes in the library structure and Cabal, naming the next
GHC release "7.x" (probably 7.0.1, if I understand the current naming policy
correctly) would be better IMHO, giving everybody a clear hint about
portability issues. (even if those issues are "only" import changes,
*.cabal/Setup.hs changes and various minor library API changes) But it's too
late for such discussions, 6.8.1 has already been branched...

Cheers,
   S.