[Haskell-cafe] Re: Elevator pitch for Haskell.

Ketil Malde ketil at ii.uib.no
Thu Sep 6 00:44:48 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-05 at 09:54 -0700, Simon Michael wrote:
> I agree actually. That picture, while very cool, won't help Haskell
> marketing one bit. :)

Avoid success at all costs, remember?

> Lisp's "made with alien technology" is much more inviting:
> http://www.lisperati.com/logo.html .

True.  Perhaps we can take it, but change the text to
"Made with V alien technology"
?

Albert Y.C. Lai wrote:
> I have also looked at the culture of people 10-20 years younger than me.

To wit: I put the lambda-hazard skull on my door, and fifteen minutes
later a (admittedly young) colleague was asking about the lambda symbol,
and I was extolling the virtues of functional programming. :-)

-k