[Haskell-cafe] Hawiki articles

Derek Elkins derek.a.elkins at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 11:50:22 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-09-03 at 14:57 +0200, Henning Thielemann wrote:
> In the current Haskell Wiki (haskell.org/haskellwiki) I found references
> to articles of the old Hawiki (haskell.org/hawiki), like OnceAndOnlyOnce
> and SeparationOfConcerns. Are the files still available somewhere?

Bring back HaWiki!

I thought I'd start with the war cry, and obviously that is not directed
to you Henning.

HaWiki was taken down for the not unreasonable reason that, since it is
no longer being updated, there is a decent chunk of out-dated and thus
misleading information on it.  Unfortunately there is a ridiculously
large amount extremely good information on it that never got ported and
frankly never is going to be ported (for good and bad reasons).

Clearly making HaWiki live again would be a bad idea; haskellwiki is
being used now for a reason.  However, having it up in "stasis" as it
was with some prominent indication on each page that it is out of
date/no longer updated/obsolete or whichever term suits you fancy should
effectively solve the problem.  It should be possible and probably even
desirable to "distill" the pages into static HTML documents so that
MoinMoin would not be needed, if that is an issue.

The current Tying_the_knot page is a pale comparison to the old one, and
the entire CommonHaskellIdioms hierarchy was never migrated, an
impressive resource.