[Haskell-cafe] viewing HS files in Firefox

Jules Bean jules at jellybean.co.uk
Tue Oct 30 08:28:38 EDT 2007

Isaac Dupree wrote:
> When I try to go to one of the Module.hs files, e.g. on
> darcs.haskell.org, it now has type HS and Firefox refuses to display it
> (and only lets me download it).  Does anyone know how to make Firefox
> treat certain file types as others (HS as plain text, in particular)? so
> that I can browse them with any convenience

It is really annoying, and it is an astoundingly old bug in firefox.
Apparently it's very hard to fix due to annoying details of the firefox
architecture.

It would be simplest for everyone if haskell.org was prepared to send
out the files as text/plain (even though this is the wrong mime type),
as I believe it used to do.

The browser plugins can help, though.

Jules