[Haskell-cafe] viewing HS files in Firefox

Tim Newsham newsham at lava.net
Sun Oct 28 15:03:25 EDT 2007

> When I try to go to one of the Module.hs files, e.g. on darcs.haskell.org, it
> now has type HS and Firefox refuses to display it (and only lets me download
> it).  Does anyone know how to make Firefox treat certain file types as others
> (HS as plain text, in particular)? so that I can browse them with any
> convenience

In Windows what I do is save the file on the desktop when it asks you to
save it.  Then right-click the file and select "open with" and choose
"wordpad" to open it with.  Check the box "open with this application
every time".  Now close it and go back to your browser and click on the
file.  It should now open up in wordpad each time.  At least that is
the behavior in IE.

> Thanks,
> Isaac

Tim Newsham