[Haskell-cafe] Local Search Module

Jeremy Shaw jeremy.shaw at linspireinc.com
Mon Oct 22 15:00:29 EDT 2007

At Mon, 22 Oct 2007 14:45:51 -0400,
David F. Place wrote:

> On Oct 22, 2007, at 2:26 PM, Jeremy Shaw wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > If you have not seen this paper, you may enjoy it:
> >
> > Modular Lazy Search for Constraint Satisfaction Problems (2001)
> >  Thomas Nordin, Andrew Tolmach
> >
> > http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/608419.html
> >

> Yes, perfect.  It seems that the work is already done.  (I'm not
> surprised.)

Well, the most important part has not been done -- as you noted there
is no library on hackage.

It would be excellent if you could:

 1. talk the upstream author's into releasing the source under BSD
 2. cabalize / haddock it and upload to hackage

Of course, that is all the non-fun parts :)

j.

ps. I have most of the code extracted into a .hs file already, if that
helps.