[Haskell-cafe] SYB3 codebase

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Sat Oct 20 11:23:35 EDT 2007

On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 07:59:37PM +0200, Mads Lindstrøm wrote:

> http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/syb-with-class-0.3
> (hereafter know as HappS-SYB3). HappS-SYB3 is based on the SYB3 code
> you mention, but the code has been changed quite a bit compared to
> using the Shelarcy patch. So it will properly require some more work.

Can you explain what you mean by "require some more work" please?

As far as I can remember the API provided by the code has not changed,
the changes have only been improvements to the internal code.

> I have not been able to find any documentation for HappS-SYB3.

The SYB3 paper describes how to use it, but other than that there is no
documentation. Of course, if anyone wanted to write some other docs then
that would be great!

> Thus I have no idea of his position on my usage of HappS-SYB3.

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. syb-with-class is
BSD3-licenced, and anyone is free to use it for whatever they want
within the terms of that licence.

Thanks
Ian