[Haskell-cafe] Re: Proposal: register a package as providingseveral API versions

Claus Reinke claus.reinke at talk21.com
Thu Oct 18 11:11:48 EDT 2007

> Which reminds me that it would be nice to be able to ask for a list
> of what imports I need to specify (i.e. what names from the module
> are actually used).  A case in point would be the example of "non-
> monadic I/O" I sent to the list the other day:  I wanted to specify
> minimal imports, but couldn't think of a way to do it aside from
> specifying very small import lists and iteratively adding things as
> the compile failed.
>
> (This may actually already exist and I don't know enough ghc options
> to do it....)

funny that you should send that to me:-) my haskellmode for vim
plugins do just that when you hit _ie on an implicit import line.
from the help file:

                                                                         *_ie*
_ie                     On an 'import <module>' line, in a correctly loadable
                        module, temporarily comment out import and use :make
                        'not in scope' errors to explicitly list imported
                        identifiers.

http://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/~cr3/toolbox/haskell/Vim/

claus