[Haskell-cafe] do

jerzy.karczmarczuk at info.unicaen.fr jerzy.karczmarczuk at info.unicaen.fr
Mon Oct 15 07:02:12 EDT 2007

Peter Verswyvelen writes: 

> Yes, exactly, but how does one call the way of programming without monads 
> / do notation then, explicitly passing the "object"? Does this approach 
> have a name? Or just "non-monadic style"?

In the jargon of CPS, somehow related to Monads, the constructions which
do not use continuations are often called in Direct Style. I think it can
be exported to Monads in general. State Monad in particular. 

IO is different, you *cannot* make it non-monadic. 

Jerzy Karczmarczuk 

More information about the Haskell-Cafe mailing list